FALL 2019 PRE-REGISTRATION PERIOD
The Pre-Registration Period for the Friedman School begins at 9:00 AM on April 1. Log into SIS (go.tufts.edu/sis) and enroll in your Fall 2019 courses by April 12.
- Fall 2019 PDF of Course Schedule (coming soon)
- SIS Class Search for All NUTR Fall 2019 Course Offering (including the SIS Class Number to enter when enrolling)
- Friedman's Online Course Catalog with NUTR Course Descriptions (syllabi will be available late in the summer)
- Degree Requirement Worksheets for review of what requirements you still need to complete
- 2019-2020 Academic Calendar with the Friedman School's academic deadlines, dates, and holidays
- Check this out: https://nutrition.tufts.edu/students/registrar/resources
ALL PhD STUDENTS:
PhD students must enroll in a continuation course (NUTR 0399 if you did not yet pass your Qualifying Exam or NUTR 0403 if you passed your Qualifying Exam). If you do not enroll in either of these courses a late registration fee will automatically be posted to your account in SIS and your loan deferments may be impacted.
MS/MPH students who are enrolled at the Friedman School (and will paying tuition to Friedman during the Fall 2019 semester) must e-mail the PHPD registrar’s office (email@example.com) with all of your Public Health course selections by 4:00 PM, Friday, March 29. PHPD's registrar's office is not holding seats for you; as long as you email your Public Health course requests by March 29 to firstname.lastname@example.org you will be able to enroll in your Public Health course(s) via SIS on Monday, April 1. PHPD classes have a maximum capacity so you it's important for you to enroll in your Public Health courses on Monday, April 1 to ensure that you have a seat in the Public Health course(s). If you do not email PHPD registrar's office by March 29 the list of Public Health courses you would like to take by March 29, your permission(s) to enroll via SIS will not be set-up and you will not be able to enroll on Monday, April 1, and it will create a delay in registering for your Public Health courses.
UEP dual-degree students: You are currently term activated at both Friedman and UEP for the Fall 2019 semester so you will be able to enroll in both UEP and Friedman courses for the Fall 2019 semester.
- MS/MALD students
DIRECTED STUDY COURSES:
Click here for the Directed Study Course Proposal Form (you cannot independently enroll in a Directed Study course via SIS).
- The deadline to submit the completed Directed Study Course Proposal form is September 17, 2019 and will be manually added to your course schedule in SIS by September 23.
- Students may not use the mechanism of enrollment in a Directed Study course with a supervising Friedman faculty member in order to enroll in a course that is offered at a school that is not an approved cross-registration partner (no reciprocity) with The Friedman School.
International Graduate students need to enroll Full-Time each semester; full-time is defined as a minimum of 9 semester hour units per semester. For more detailed information, please visit the Tufts International Center website: http://ase.tufts.edu/icenter/immigration/J1_students/maintainStatus.asp.
Fall 2019 tuition bills ared due the first week of August 2019. To avoid a late fee, tuition and semester fees must be remitted in advance of the first day of Fall 2019 classes (September 3, 2019).
Note: If you have a Hold on your account in SIS from the Tufts Health Sciences Bursar's Office or SAHA, you will NOT be able to register via SIS. You'll need to contact the Bursar’s Office or Lucia Fenney at SAHA directly to resolve the Hold so they may remove it from your account and you'll be able to register via SIS. Also, if you have a Local Address Hold on your account, click here for instructions with screen shots how to independently remove this type of Hold.
The Tufts Cross-Registration process is now online in SIS (only for Tufts courses and NOT for Harvard School of Public Health or Boston Consortium courses). To submit a Cross-Registration Request, log in to SIS, go to the top navigation tab titled, “Classes” and select “Cross-Registration” from the drop-down filter. Click here to review the step-by-step instructions with screenshots.
If you are interested in cross-registration courses at HSPH or Boston Consortium Schools, click here for detailed instructions. .
STEP-BY-STEP: HOW TO ENROLL IN COURSES VIA SIS:
- Log in to SIS at go.tufts.edu/sis
- Click, Classes, located on the top navigation bar and select, Enrollment Cart.
- Read the Registration Agreement and check the box, “Yes, I have read the agreement” and click, Submit.
- Click the Go to Search Page button on the top right side of the Enrollment Cart page and on the Search for Classes page there are two ways to add a course to your Enrollment Cart:
Quick Search (one way to enroll via SIS):
- Click, Select a Term for the semester choice and enter the five-digit SIS Class Number (you can see in advance the SIS Class Numbers in the Course Catalog of Friedman’s website and on the Spring 2019 Course Schedule PDF document).
- Double click the section and time and click, Next, and the course will be added to your Enrollment Cart.
Class Search (another way to enroll via SIS):
- Switch the Course Career field to Friedman School, select the term, and click NUTR – Nutrition in the Course Subject field. You can click, Search and review all of the NUTR courses, or you can filter further and use the Course Number field to select the course number of the course you want to add and click, Search. You can review the course description, pre-requisites, and click, Add to Cart, to move the course to your Enrollment Cart.
- Be sure to click, the Enroll button, and the Finish Enrolling button to move the course from your Enrollment Cart to official enrollment in the course; you’ll see a Success message and green check once you’ve been officially enrolled in the course.
- To review screen shots of How to Enroll in SIS instructions, click here.