SIS is open for you to enroll in Fall 2020 courses.
FALL 2020 REGISTRATION
- Fall 2020 Course Schedule - Updated 06/26/20
- Fall 2020 NUTR course offerings in SIS
- The Friedman website's course catalog with NUTR course descriptions (Fall 2020 syllabi will be available in late August)
- Degree requirement worksheets to review what remaining requirements you need to complete
- Fall 2020 academic calendar PDF
- Student resources: cross-registration enrollment trends, alumni specialization topics and directed study topics
- If you did not yet complete your Qualifying Examination requirement, you need to enroll in NUTR 0399.
- If you passed your Qualifying Examination, you need to enroll in NUTR 0403.
- If you do not enroll in either of these courses you will not be in full-time enrollment status and a late registration fee will automatically be posted to your account in SIS and your loan deferments may be impacted.
- If you will be matriculated at Friedman in Fall 2020 (paying tuition to Friedman in the fall) you will be able to enroll in NUTR courses beginning April 6 and will need to use the cross-registration feature in SIS to enroll in your other school's courses (e.g., PH, UEP, etc.) for Fall 2020.
- If you use the SIS cross-registration feature for enrollment in the courses you need at your other Tufts school the system will bypass the instructor approval and go directly to the relevant registrars for approval and enrollment processing.
MNSP (NUTB) COURSES
- Using the Qualtrics online forms below you may enroll in Friedman’s Master of Nutrition Science and Policy (MNSP) degree program for elective semester hour units as long as you have the pre-requisites fulfilled and can commit to participation in the course's requried MNSP residency component.
- You will NOT be charged additional tuition when you enroll in an MNSP course.
- MNSP courses require attendance at the Fall 2020 MNSP Residency.
DIRECTED STUDY COURSES
Click here for the directed study course proposal form (Friedman's registrar will enroll you since you cannot independently enroll in a Directed Study course via SIS).
- Deadline to submit the directed study course proposal form for Summer 2020: May 20, 2020.
- Deadline to submit the directed study course proposal form forr Fall 2020: September 22, 2020.
- You may not use the mechanism of enrollment in a directed study course with a supervising Friedman faculty member in order to enroll in a course that is offered at a school that's not an approved cross-registration partner (no reciprocity) with the Friedman School.
- You need to enroll full-time each semester; full-time is defined as a minimum of 9 semester hour units per semester.
- For more detailed information, please visit the Tufts International Center website: http://ase.tufts.edu/icenter/immigration/J1_students/maintainStatus.asp.
CROSS-REGISTRATION – IMPORTANT ABOUT FALL 2020
- Click here to review a more detailed overview of the cross-registration process. Friedman’s cross-registration partners (Tufts, Boston Consortium - Boston University, Boston College, and Brandeis, and Harvard School of Public Health) do not follow the same academic calendar as Friedman's academic calendar so please be sure to review the Host School’s academic calendar for their add/drop deadlines, and other academic dates and deadlines, final exams, and holidays.
- Please be patient with the cross-registration process—most schools (including Tufts) will not review/process cross-registration requests until close to the start of the Fall 2020 semester.
- Also, please note The Fletcher School does not have a pre-registration period so their courses will not be available to request via SIS for cross-registration until the first week of August 2020.
- Click here to check out Friedman students' cross-registration enrollment trends by degree program from Spring 2018 through Fall 2019.
- Fall 2020 tuition, semester fees, and health insurance are billed to your account in SIS during the first week of July 2020 and payment is due the first week of August 2020.
- To avoid a late fee, tuition and semester fees must be remitted in advance of the first day of Fall 2020 classes (September 8, 2020).
- Click here for screen shots how to pay tuition via SIS.
- Note: If you have a Hold on your account in SIS from the Tufts Health Sciences Bursar's Office or SAHA, you will NOT be able to register via SIS and you will need to contact the Bursar’s Office or Lucia Fenney at SAHA directly to resolve the Hold for you.
- Also, if you have a CURRENT Address Hold on your account, click here for instructions with screen shots how to independently remove this type of Hold.
STEP-BY-STEP: HOW TO ENROLL IN COURSES VIA SIS:
- Log in to SIS at go.tufts.edu/sis
- Click, Classes, located on the top navigation bar and select, Enrollment Cart.
- Read the Registration Agreement and check the box, “Yes, I have read the agreement” and click, Submit.
- Click the Classes tab at the top navigation and click the Go to Search Page button on the top right side of the Enrollment Cart page.
- On the Search for Classes page there are two ways to add a course to your Enrollment Cart:
Quick Search (one way to enroll via SIS):
- Click, Select a Term for the semester choice and enter the five-digit SIS Class Number (you can see in advance the SIS Class Numbers in the Course Catalog of Friedman’s website and on the Fall 2020 Course Schedule PDF document).
- Double click the section and time and click, Next, and the course will be added to your Enrollment Cart.
Class Search (another way to enroll via SIS):
- Switch the Course Career field to Friedman School, select the term, and click NUTR – Nutrition in the Course Subject field. You can click, Search and review all of the NUTR courses, or you can filter further and use the Course Number field to select the course number of the course you want to add and click, Search. You can review the course description, pre-requisites, and click, Add to Cart, to move the course to your Enrollment Cart.
- Be sure to click, the Enroll button, and the Finish Enrolling button to move the course from your Enrollment Cart to official enrollment in the course; you’ll see a Success message and green check once you’ve been officially enrolled in the course.
- To review screen shots of How to Enroll in SIS instructions, click here.