FALL 2023 REGISTRATION
Please log in to SIS (go.tufts.edu/sis) beginning at 9:00 am on April 3, 2023 to enroll in your Fall 2023 courses, the pre-registration period will end on April 14, 2023. If you need help finalizing your course schedule or planning ahead please schedule an appointment with your Academic Advisor to discuss your plans for the Fall 2023 semester and beyond. Be sure to review your degree program's degree requirement worksheet with your Academic Advisor. The Fall 2023 semester begins September 5, 2023 and the Fall 2023 semester's Add deadline is September 12, 2023.
HOLDS ON YOUR ACCOUNT IN SIS
- You will see in SIS a hold on your account; the Bursar's Office requires all students to complete the Registration Agreement prior to enrolling in any courses; click here for instructions how to self-remove the Registration Agreement Hold on your account in SIS.
- Click here for step-by-step instructions How to Enroll in your NUTR courses via SIS.
FALL 2023 COURSE SCHEDULE
Below is the Fall 2023 NUTR Course Schedule, as well as additional registration resources:
- NUTR Fall 2023 Course Listings (download Excel spreadsheet)
- Visual overview of the NUTR Fall 2023 Course Schedule (download Excel spreadsheet)
- Click here for the direct link to NUTR courses in SIS
- Click here to review last year's Fall 2022 semester's course syllabi
- Click here for the direct link to the Friedman School's online course catalog
(Please note as Fall 2023 course syllabi become available they will be posted to the School's online catalog.)
- Click here for the Friedman School's on-campus Fall 2023-Spring 2024 academic calendar
If you attempted to enroll in a course at one of your dual-degree schools and could not via SIS, this means you need to use the cross-registration feature in SIS; this will bypass the instructor approval and be directed to the relevant Registrar for approval and for enrollment processing.
You need to enroll Full-Time in the Fall 2023 semester; full-time is defined as a minimum of 9 semester hour units (SHUs) per semester.
- International students should review the International Center’s guidance regarding COVID-19 found at https://icenter.tufts.edu/immigration/covid-19-updates/ as well as other information on the Center’s website. For questions about your visa, contact Neriliz.Soto_Gonzalez@tufts.edu.
OTHER FRIEDMAN SCHOOL COURSE OPTIONS FOR ENROLLMENT IN FALL 2023 - PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR ACADEMIC ADVISOR
NUTB (MNSP) Fall 2023 Courses:
Please use the Qualtrics online form below to enroll in a NUTB (MNSP) elective course as long as you have the pre-requisites fulfilled and can commit to attend the course's required synchronous in-person class session component during the Fall 2023 MNSP Residency. You will NOT be charged additional tuition when you enroll in a NUTB (MNSP) course. Although you would enroll in an MNSP NUTB course via the Qualtrics online form below, you may review the course descriptions of the Fall 2023 NUTB courses in SIS.
Click here to enroll in Fall 2023 NUTB (MNSP) course(s) via a Qualtrics online form.
Click here to review the Fall 2023 MNSP in-person residency schedule for your NUTB (MNSP) course. (The Fall 2023 MNSP in-person residency schedule will be availabile later in the summer.)
NUTC (Certificate) Fall 2023 Courses:
- NEW! For the Fall 2023 semester on-campus degree program students may self-enroll via SIS in a NUTC (Certificate) course as an elective course (instead of using a directed study course proposal form). NUTC (Certificate) courses are online and asynchronous.
- Click here to review in SIS NUTC (Certificate) course offerings for the Fall 2023 semester.
Developing a Fall 2023 Directed Study Course:
Click here to review instructions about how to develop a directed study course for the Fall 2023 semester and download the directed study course proposal form in Word format. Once the form and faculty approvals are obtained, please email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org so you may be enrolled via SIS by the September 12, 2023 Add deadline.
Cross-Registration in a Fall 2023 Course:
Click here for instructions how to submit a cross-registration for a non-Friedman School Tufts course request via SIS.
Click here to check out the courses students in your degree program cross-registered in during prior fall and spring semesters.
- You may only cross-register in the summer semester at Tufts Public Health.
- Tufts students may not cross-register in BU’s Online or Hybrid courses per the BU’s Provost Office (no exceptions) and also HSPH notes on their cross-registration webpage that Online courses are not eligible for cross-registration. Also, if you would like to cross register for a course at BU's School of Public Health (SPH), you must contact an SPH representative for registration approval. Contact the School of Public Health Registrar’s Office at email@example.com or 617-358-3434.
Planning ahead; if you are planning to graduate in Spring 2024, you may only enroll in a first half of the semester HSPH course because the HSPH full-semester and the HSPH second half of the semester courses will not be able to provide a final grade in time for you to be able to graduate in Fall 2023. If you decide to go this route, you will be shifted to graduating in Summer 2024 (instead of Spring 2024). To be clear, you cannot graduate with any missing grades on your transcript and HSPH cannot provide final grades in advance of their deadline.
The Friedman School’s cross-registration partnerships that are available in the fall and spring semesters include: Tufts University Schools, Boston Consortium Schools (Boston University, Boston College, and Brandeis), and Harvard School of Public Health. Click here to review in detail each cross-registration partner's policies and processes.
You may only cross-register in the summer semester at Tufts Public Health. Our cross-registration partnerships pause in the summer semester with other Tufts Schools, HSPH, Brandeis, Boston University, and Boston College so you may not cross-register in the summer semster with these school or you will be billed the Host school's tuition charge.
Our cross-registration partners do not follow the same academic calendar as the Friedman School so please be sure to review the Host school's academic calendar for their add/drop deadlines, and other academic dates and deadlines, final exams, and holidays.
Please be patient with the cross-registration process—cross-registration partner host schools will not review/approve cross-registration requests until close to the start of the semester.
You may NOT use the mechanism of enrollment in a directed study course with a supervising Friedman School faculty member in order to enroll in a course that is offered at a school that's not an approved cross-registration partner (no reciprocity) with the Friedman School.
FRIEDMAN SCHOOL/SIMMONS CERTIFICATE IN THE DIDACTIC PROGRAM IN DIETETICS (DPD)
- If you were admitted to the Simmons DPD program and have not yet self-identified, please email Dr. Lynne Ausman and Michelle Frankfort. You will also be added to the Friedman School's eList for students completing their DPD via Simmons. For an overview of the Tufts/Simmons DPD Program go to: https://nutrition.tufts.edu/simmons.
Tufts University's Friedman School's 2023-2024 tuition rates, and semester fees will be posted soon here: https://nutrition.tufts.edu/admissions/tuition-expenses-financial-aid.
To avoid a late fee, tuition, semester and health insurance fees must be remitted in advance of the first day of the Fall 2023 semester (September 5, 2023) to be in compliance with Tufts University's requirement for student matriculation.
Note: If you have a Hold on your account in SIS from the Tufts Health Sciences Bursar's Office or SAHA, you will NOT be able to register via SIS and you will need to contact the Bursar’s Office or Lucia Fenney at SAHA directly to help resolve the Hold for you.
WHAT ABOUT ENROLLING IN A SUMMER 2023 COURSE?
NUTR 0298: Internship:
- If you are an AFE or FANPP or NICBC student completing your internship in Summer 2023, please click here to enroll in NUTR 0298 via SIS.
- If you are a doctoral student planning to enroll in Grant Writing this summer; please stay tuned for more information and instructions.
Directed Study Courses in Summer 2023:
Click here to review instructions about how to develop a directed study course for the Summer 2023 semester and download the directed study course proposal form in Word format. Once the form and faculty approvals are obtained, please email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org so you may be enrolled via SIS by the start of the Summer 2023 semester on May 24, 2023.
NUTC (Certificate) Courses in Summer 2023:
- At this time, only Fall 2023 Certificate courses are available for self-enrollment via SIS. You may enroll in a NUTC (Certificate) course as an elective course in the Summer 2023 semester. However, to enroll you will need to click here to complete only page one of the Direced Study Course Proposal form and submit before the start of the Summer 2023 semester on May 24, 2023 to email@example.com to be enrolled. The form (only page 1) needs to be approved by your academic advisor and please email Dr. Diane McKay for approval to serve as your faculty sponsor. Click here to review the Certificate course offerings for the summer semester.
- Important to Note (planning ahead): If you are a degree student graduating in Summer 2023 you must obtain advanced approval from the Certificate instructor confirming they would be able to email firstname.lastname@example.org a final grade no later than August 23, 2023 in order for you to be able to graduate in Summer 2023. The Certificate instructor’s approval email should be included with the submission of your directed study course proposal form for enrollment. If this is not possible, you should select an alternate course for your summer registration.
NUTB (MNSP) Courses in Summer 2023:
Please use the Qualtrics online form below to enroll in a NUTB (MNSP) elective course as long as you have the pre-requisites fulfilled and can commit to attend the course's required synchronous in-person class session component during the Summer 2023 MNSP In-Person Residency. You will NOT be charged additional tuition when you enroll in a NUTB (MNSP) course. Although you would enroll in an MNSP NUTB course via the Qualtrics online form below, you may review the course descriptions of the Summer 2023 NUTB courses in SIS.
Cross-Registration in a Summer 2023 Course:
You may only cross-register in the summer semester at Tufts Public Health. Click here to review the Summer 2023 PH course offerings.
Click here for instructions how to submit a cross-registration request for a Tuft Public Health Summer 2023 course via SIS.