FALL 2019 REGISTRATION
Log into SIS (go.tufts.edu/sis) to enroll in your Fall 2019 courses by Friedman's Add deadline: September 17.
FALL 2019 REGISTRATION RESOURCES
- Fall 2019 PDF of Course Schedule NEW!
- SIS Class Search for NUTR Fall 2019 Course Offerings
- Friedman's Online Course Catalog with NUTR Course Descriptions (syllabi will be available late in the summer)
- Degree Requirement Worksheets for review of what requirements you still need to complete
- 2019-2020 Academic Calendar with the Friedman School's academic deadlines, dates, and holidays for on-campus students NEW!
PhD students must enroll in a continuation course (NUTR 0399 if you did not yet pass your Qualifying Exam or NUTR 0403 if you passed your Qualifying Exam). If you do not enroll in either of these courses a late registration fee will automatically be posted to your account in SIS and your loan deferments may be impacted.
If you do NOT have access to enroll via SIS in Friedman courses for Fall 2019 (because you will be at your other Tufts School), please use the cross-registration feature in SIS to select the courses you need to take at Friedman for the fall semester or you can email Friedman's Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Friedman courses that you need to take in the fall.
- Important for MS/MPH students - Please review this note from the PHPD Registrar’s Office:
If are enrolled at the Friedman School (and will paying tuition to Friedman during the Fall 2019 semester), you must e-mail the PHPD registrar’s office (email@example.com) all of your Public Health course selections by 4:00 PM, Friday, March 29. PHPD's registrar's office is not holding seats for you. As long as you email your Public Health course requests by March 29 to firstname.lastname@example.org you will be able to enroll in your Public Health course(s) via SIS on April 1. PHPD classes have a maximum capacity so you it's important for you to enroll in your Public Health courses on April 1 to ensure that you have a seat in the Public Health course(s). If you do not email PHPD registrar's office by March 29, your permission(s) to enroll via SIS will not be set-up, and you will not be able to enroll on April 1, and it will create a delay in registering for your Public Health courses.
MNSP (NUTB) COURSES
Dr. Lynne Ausman, Program Director of Friedman’s Master of Nutrition Science and Policy (MNSP) degree program, provides the opportunity for campus-based degree students to enroll in select MNSP Fall 2019 courses as electives and you will not be charged tuition.These courses are online except for three-days of required in-person class sessions (you may not enroll if you cannot attend the required in-person class sessions).
- To enroll in a Fall 2019 MNSP course, click here and complete this online Qualtrics form and you will be manually enrolled in the Fall 2019 MNSP course.
DIRECTED STUDY COURSES
Click here for the Directed Study Course Proposal Form (you cannot independently enroll in a Directed Study course via SIS).
- The deadline to submit the completed Directed Study Course Proposal form is September 17, 2019 and will be manually added to your course schedule in SIS by September 23.
- Students may not use the mechanism of enrollment in a Directed Study course with a supervising Friedman faculty member in order to enroll in a course that is offered at a school that is not an approved cross-registration partner (no reciprocity) with The Friedman School.
International Graduate students need to enroll Full-Time each semester; full-time is defined as a minimum of 9 semester hour units per semester. For more detailed information, please visit the Tufts International Center website: http://ase.tufts.edu/icenter/immigration/J1_students/maintainStatus.asp.
CROSS-REGISTRATION – IMPORTANT ABOUT SUMMER
Friedman students may cross-register ONLY for Tufts Public Health courses in the Summer 2019 semester and will not be charged tuition. Cross-registration is NOT available in the Summer semester with any other school this includes the Boston Consortium Schools, Harvard School of Public Health, and OTHER Tufts schools (besides Tufts Public Health). The Tufts Cross-Registration process is now online in SIS (only for Tufts courses and NOT for Harvard School of Public Health or Boston Consortium courses). To submit a Cross-Registration Request, log in to SIS, go to the top navigation tab titled, “Classes” and select “Cross-Registration” from the drop-down filter. Click here to review the step-by-step instructions with screenshots.
CROSS-REGISTRATION – IMPORTANT ABOUT FALL
Click here to review the Fall 2019 Cross-Registration process. Friedman’s Cross-Registration partners (Tufts, Boston Consortium - BU, Boston College, and Brandeis, and Harvard School of Public Health) may not follow the same academic calendar as Friedman so please be sure to review the Host School’s academic calendar for academic dates, deadlines, and holidays. Check in with the Host School for the timing that they will begin collecting Cross-Registration petitions for the fall semester (typically it is right before the start of the semester in September. Note: Harvard School of Public Health's cross-registration is an online process (not a cross-registration petition form).
Fall 2019 tuition (updated rates will be posted soon) is billed to your account in SIS in early June 2019 and tuition is due the first week of August 2019. To avoid a late fee, tuition and semester fees must be remitted in advance of the first day of Fall 2019 classes (September 3, 2019). Click here for screen shots how to pay tuition via SIS.
STEP-BY-STEP: HOW TO ENROLL IN COURSES VIA SIS:
- Log in to SIS at go.tufts.edu/sis
- Click, Classes, located on the top navigation bar and select, Enrollment Cart.
- Read the Registration Agreement and check the box, “Yes, I have read the agreement” and click, Submit.
- Click the Classes tab at the top navigation and click the Go to Search Page button on the top right side of the Enrollment Cart page.
- On the Search for Classes page there are two ways to add a course to your Enrollment Cart:
Quick Search (one way to enroll via SIS):
- Click, Select a Term for the semester choice and enter the five-digit SIS Class Number (you can see in advance the SIS Class Numbers in the Course Catalog of Friedman’s website and on the Fall 2019 Course Schedule PDF document).
- Double click the section and time and click, Next, and the course will be added to your Enrollment Cart.
Class Search (another way to enroll via SIS):
- Switch the Course Career field to Friedman School, select the term, and click NUTR – Nutrition in the Course Subject field. You can click, Search and review all of the NUTR courses, or you can filter further and use the Course Number field to select the course number of the course you want to add and click, Search. You can review the course description, pre-requisites, and click, Add to Cart, to move the course to your Enrollment Cart.
- Be sure to click, the Enroll button, and the Finish Enrolling button to move the course from your Enrollment Cart to official enrollment in the course; you’ll see a Success message and green check once you’ve been officially enrolled in the course.
- To review screen shots of How to Enroll in SIS instructions, click here.