SPRING 2020 PRE-REGISTRATION PERIOD VIA SIS
SIS is open for you to enroll in your Spring 2020 courses.
SPRING 2020 REGISTRATION RESOURCES
- Spring 2020 PDF of Course Schedule
- SIS Class Search for NUTR Spring 2020 Course Offerings
- Friedman's Online Course Catalog with NUTR Course Descriptions (faculty are still finalizing their Spring 2020 syllabi)
- Degree Requirement Worksheets for review of what requirements you still need to complete
- 2019-2020 Academic Calendar with the Friedman School's academic deadlines, dates, and holidays for on-campus students
All PhD students that have not yet completed their Qualifying Examination requirement must enroll via SIS in NUTR 0399 every semester. After passing your Qualifying Examination you must enroll in NUTR 0403 every semester until you graduate. If you do not enroll in either of these courses you will not be full-time enrollment status and a late registration fee will automatically be posted to your account in SIS and your loan deferments may be impacted.
If you will be matriculated at Friedman in Spring 2020 (paying tuition to Friedman in the spring) they you'll be able to enroll in NUTR courses and will need to use the cross-registration feature in SIS to enroll in your other dual-degree courses for Spring 2020. When you use the SIS cross-registration feature to submit the course request for your other dual-degree school it will bypass the instructor approval and go directly to the relevant Registrars for approval and enrollment processing.
MNSP (NUTB) COURSES
Dr. Lynne Ausman, Program Director of Friedman’s Master of Nutrition Science and Policy (MNSP) degree program, provides the opportunity for campus-based degree students to enroll in select MNSP Spring 2020 courses as electives and you will NOT be charged additional tuition for these courses. MNSP courses are online except for two or three-days of required in-person class sessions during MNSP's Spring 2020 Residency (Boston Campus). You may not enroll in an MNSP course if you cannot attend the required in-person class sessions in Jaharis 156 during the MNSP 2020 Residency. The Spring 2020 MNSP Residency Schedule is still being finalized (the schedule is being updated) but will take place January 27-February 2, 2020.
- To enroll in a Spring 2020 MNSP course, complete this Qualtrics online form and Friedman's Registrar will enroll you in the Spring 2020 MNSP course via SIS by November 18, 2019.
DIRECTED STUDY COURSES
Click here to download the updated Directed Study Course Proposal Form (you cannot independently enroll in a Directed Study course via SIS).
- The deadline to submit the completed Directed Study Course Proposal form is: January 29, 2020. (Friedman's Registrar will enroll you via SIS in the course by by February 3, 2020.)
- Students may not use the mechanism of enrollment in a Directed Study course with a supervising Friedman faculty member in order to enroll in a course that is offered at a school that is not an approved cross-registration partner (no reciprocity) with the Friedman School.
International Graduate students need to enroll Full-Time each semester; full-time is defined as a minimum of 9 semester hour units per semester. For more detailed information, please visit the Tufts International Center website: http://ase.tufts.edu/icenter/immigration/J1_students/maintainStatus.asp.
Click here to review the Spring 2020 Cross-Registration process. Friedman’s Cross-Registration partners (Tufts, Boston Consortium - BU, Boston College, and Brandeis, and Harvard School of Public Health) may not follow the same academic calendar as Friedman's academic calendar so please be sure to review the Host School’s academic calendar for their add/drop deadlines, and other academic dates and deadlines, final exams, and holidays. Please be patient with the cross-registration process—most schools do not review/process cross-registration requests until the start of the Spring 2020 semester. ** Click here to check out Friedman Students' Cross-Registration (by Degree Program) Spring 2018-Fall 2019.
** Important if you are Graduating in Spring 2020:
Due to the differences between Friedman’s Academic Calendar and the Harvard School of Public Health’s Academic Calendar, if you are graduating in Spring 2020, you can only cross-register in a first half of the Spring 2020 semester HSPH course; you will NOT be able to graduate in Spring 2020 if you cross-register in a full-term or second half of the term Spring 2020 semester HSPH course.
Spring 2020 tuition, semester fees, and health insurance are billed to your account in SIS on November 1, 2019 and due by December 4, 2019. To avoid a late fee, tuition and semester fees must be remitted in advance of the first day of Spring 2020 classes (January 15, 2020). Click here for screen shots how to pay tuition via SIS.
STEP-BY-STEP: HOW TO ENROLL IN COURSES VIA SIS:
- Log in to SIS at go.tufts.edu/sis
- Click, Classes, located on the top navigation bar and select, Enrollment Cart.
- Read the Registration Agreement and check the box, “Yes, I have read the agreement” and click, Submit.
- Click the Classes tab at the top navigation and click the Go to Search Page button on the top right side of the Enrollment Cart page.
- On the Search for Classes page there are two ways to add a course to your Enrollment Cart:
Quick Search (one way to enroll via SIS):
- Click, Select a Term for the semester choice and enter the five-digit SIS Class Number (you can see in advance the SIS Class Numbers in the Course Catalog of Friedman’s website and on the Spring 2020 Course Schedule PDF document).
- Double click the section and time and click, Next, and the course will be added to your Enrollment Cart.
Class Search (another way to enroll via SIS):
- Switch the Course Career field to Friedman School, select the term, and click NUTR – Nutrition in the Course Subject field. You can click, Search and review all of the NUTR courses, or you can filter further and use the Course Number field to select the course number of the course you want to add and click, Search. You can review the course description, pre-requisites, and click, Add to Cart, to move the course to your Enrollment Cart.
- Be sure to click, the Enroll button, and the Finish Enrolling button to move the course from your Enrollment Cart to official enrollment in the course; you’ll see a Success message and green check once you’ve been officially enrolled in the course.
- To review screen shots of How to Enroll in SIS instructions, click here.