FALL 2019 REGISTRATION VIA SIS
Log into SIS (go.tufts.edu/sis) to enroll in your Fall 2019 courses by Friedman's Add deadline: September 17.
FALL 2019 REGISTRATION RESOURCES
- Fall 2019 PDF of Course Schedule
- SIS Class Search for NUTR Fall 2019 Course Offerings
- Friedman's Online Course Catalog with NUTR Course Descriptions (some faculty may still be finalizing their Fall 2019 syllabi)
- Degree Requirement Worksheets for review of what requirements you still need to complete
- 2019-2020 Academic Calendar with the Friedman School's academic deadlines, dates, and holidays for on-campus students
All NEW PhD students and continuing PhD students that have not yet completed their Qualifying Exam requirement must enroll in NUTR 0399 every semester. After passing your Qualifying Exam you must enroll in NUTR 0403 every semester until you graduate. If you do not enroll in either of these courses a late registration fee will automatically be posted to your account in SIS and your loan deferments may be impacted.
If you do NOT have access to enroll via SIS in Friedman courses for Fall 2019 (because you will be at your other Tufts School), please use the cross-registration feature in SIS to select the courses you need to take at Friedman for the fall semester or you can email Friedman's Registrar at email@example.com with the Friedman courses that you need to take in the fall. If you are a new Friedman student accepted in the MS/MPH program and enrolled at the Friedman School in the Fall 2019 semester (and paying tuition/fees to Friedman for the Fall 2019 semester), you must e-mail the PHPD registrar’s office (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to enroll in Public Health course(s) in the Fall 2019 semester.
MNSP (NUTB) COURSES
Dr. Lynne Ausman, Program Director of Friedman’s Master of Nutrition Science and Policy (MNSP) degree program, provides the opportunity for campus-based degree students to enroll in select MNSP Fall 2019 courses as electives and you will NOT be charged additional tuition for these courses. MNSP courses are online except for two or three-days of required in-person class sessions (you may not enroll if you cannot attend the required in-person class sessions); click here for the Fall 2019 in-person class sessions (in Jaharis 156) schedule.
- To enroll in a Fall 2019 MNSP course, email Friedman's Registrar and you will be manually enrolled in the Fall 2019 MNSP course.
DIRECTED STUDY COURSES
Click here to download the updated Directed Study Course Proposal Form (you cannot independently enroll in a Directed Study course via SIS).
- The deadline to submit the completed Directed Study Course Proposal form is: September 17, 2019. (You will be manually added to your course schedule in SIS by September 23.)
- Students may not use the mechanism of enrollment in a Directed Study course with a supervising Friedman faculty member in order to enroll in a course that is offered at a school that is not an approved cross-registration partner (no reciprocity) with The Friedman School.
- There are two directed study courses that have been developed for second-year students if you are looking for an elective, email email@example.com to enroll:
- Food Lab with Tim Griffin: 3 seats left - Meets: Wednesdays, 1:30-4:30 PM in J118
- Translating Nutrition Evidence into Multimedia for the Public with Corby Kummer: more than 10 seats available - Meets: Tuesdays, 1:30-4:30 PM in J105
International Graduate students need to enroll Full-Time each semester; full-time is defined as a minimum of 9 semester hour units per semester. For more detailed information, please visit the Tufts International Center website: http://ase.tufts.edu/icenter/immigration/J1_students/maintainStatus.asp.
Click here to review the Fall 2019 Cross-Registration process. Friedman’s Cross-Registration partners (Tufts, Boston Consortium - BU, Boston College, and Brandeis, and Harvard School of Public Health) may not follow the same academic calendar as Friedman so please be sure to review the Host School’s academic calendar for their add/drop deadlines, and other academic dates and deadlines, final exams, and holidays. Please be patient with the cross-registration process—some Tufts Schools do not review/process cross-registration requests until the start of the fall semester.
** Important to Note for Spring 2020 since it may change your plans for Fall 2019:
Due to the differences between Friedman’s Academic Calendar and the Harvard School of Public Health’s Academic Calendar, if you are graduating in Spring 2020, you can only cross-register in a first half of the Spring 2020 semester HSPH course; you will NOT be able to graduate in Spring 2020 if you cross-register in a full-term or second half of the term Spring 2020 semester HSPH course. As a result, you may want to plan accordingly and review the HSPH Fall 2019 course offerings.
Fall 2019 tuition, semester fees, and health insurance is billed to your account in SIS and tuition is due the first week of August 2019. To avoid a late fee, tuition and semester fees must be remitted in advance of the first day of Fall 2019 classes (September 3, 2019). Click here for screen shots how to pay tuition via SIS.
STEP-BY-STEP: HOW TO ENROLL IN COURSES VIA SIS:
- Log in to SIS at go.tufts.edu/sis
- Click, Classes, located on the top navigation bar and select, Enrollment Cart.
- Read the Registration Agreement and check the box, “Yes, I have read the agreement” and click, Submit.
- Click the Classes tab at the top navigation and click the Go to Search Page button on the top right side of the Enrollment Cart page.
- On the Search for Classes page there are two ways to add a course to your Enrollment Cart:
Quick Search (one way to enroll via SIS):
- Click, Select a Term for the semester choice and enter the five-digit SIS Class Number (you can see in advance the SIS Class Numbers in the Course Catalog of Friedman’s website and on the Fall 2019 Course Schedule PDF document).
- Double click the section and time and click, Next, and the course will be added to your Enrollment Cart.
Class Search (another way to enroll via SIS):
- Switch the Course Career field to Friedman School, select the term, and click NUTR – Nutrition in the Course Subject field. You can click, Search and review all of the NUTR courses, or you can filter further and use the Course Number field to select the course number of the course you want to add and click, Search. You can review the course description, pre-requisites, and click, Add to Cart, to move the course to your Enrollment Cart.
- Be sure to click, the Enroll button, and the Finish Enrolling button to move the course from your Enrollment Cart to official enrollment in the course; you’ll see a Success message and green check once you’ve been officially enrolled in the course.
- To review screen shots of How to Enroll in SIS instructions, click here.