SPRING 2018 REGISTRATION:
SIS opens October 30 for you to enroll in your Spring 2018 Friedman courses. The Pre-Registration Period ends November 10.
- Spring 2018 PDF of Course Schedule
- SIS Class Search for All NUTR Spring 2018 Course Offerings (SIS team will make this available closer to Oct. 30)
- Friedman's Online Course Catalog with NUTR Course Descriptions and Syllabi (syllabus posting is ongoing as faculty finalize and make available their updated syllabus for Spring 2018)
- Degree Requirement Worksheets for review of what requirements you still need to complete
- 2017-2018 Academic Calendar with Spring 2018 academic deadlines, dates, and holidays
- Check this out—it's NEW! https://nutrition.tufts.edu/students/registrar/resources
PHD STUDENTS - IMPORTANT: PhD students are required to enroll via SIS in a continuation NUTR course every semester to maintain active enrollment status. If you do not enroll in either NUTR 0399 or NUTR 0403 you will be billed a late registration fee and deferment of any loans may be at risk:
- Add this SIS Class # in SIS: 21638 during Registration if you did not yet pass your Qualifying Exam
- Add this SIS Class # in SIS: 21640 during Registration if you passed your Qualifying Exam
DUAL-DEGREE STUDENTS: If you are in a dual-degree program with Public Health (MS/MPH), or UEP (MS/MA) or Fletcher (MS/MALD) and you will be billed tuition for the Spring 2018 semester by Public Health, or UEP, or Fletcher (and NOT by Friedman), please email Friedman's Registrar at email@example.com the list of the NUTR courses that you would like to be enrolled in for the Spring 2018 semester.
DIRECTED STUDY COURSES: Please use the Directed Study Course Proposal Form (and not SIS). If you’re planning to do a Directed Study course, you’re welcome to submit the form anytime to Jaharis 123 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of the Spring 2018 Add deadline (February 1, 2018) so the course can be manually added to your Spring 2018 schedule in SIS.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: International Graduate students need to enroll Full-Time each semester; full-time is defined as a minimum of 3 course credits per semester. For more detailed information, please visit the Tufts International Center website: http://ase.tufts.edu/icenter/immigration/J1_students/maintainStatus.asp.
Note: You will incur a late fee if your tuition and semester fees are not paid by January 18 (first day of class).
Holds on Account in SIS: If you have a Hold on your account in SIS from the Tufts Health Sciences Bursar's Office or SAHA, you will NOT be able to register via SIS. You'll need to contact the Bursar's Office or SAHA directly to resolve the Hold so they may remove it from your account and you'll be able to register via SIS.
CROSS-REGISTRATION: Friedman has cross-registration partnerships with the Boston Consortium Schools (Brandeis, Boston College, Boston University), Harvard School of Public Health (only HSPH), and other Tufts schools. You will need to submit Friedman Cross-Registration Petition signed by the Friedman Registar to the Registrar’s Office of the School you are pursuing for cross-registration. Some schools may accept cross-registration petitions in advance of the first day of the spring semester (January 18) but you will need to confirm this with the Registrar’s Office of the Host School. Note: Harvard School of Public Health's cross-registration is an online process (not a cross-registration petition). Click here for HSPH credit conversion information for your Friedman transcript.
STEP-BY-STEP: HOW TO ENROLL IN COURSES VIA SIS:
- Log in to SIS at go.tufts.edu/sis
- Click, Classes, located on the top navigation bar and select, Enrollment Cart.
- Read the Registration Agreement and check the box, “Yes, I have read the agreement” and click, Submit.
- Click the Go to Search Page button on the top right side of the Enrollment Cart page and on the Search for Classes page there are two ways to add a course to your Enrollment Cart:
Quick Search (one way to enroll via SIS):
- Click, Select a Term for the semester choice and enter the five-digit SIS Class Number (you can see in advance the SIS Class Numbers in the Course Catalog of Friedman’s website and on the Fall 2017 Schedule PDF document).
- Double click the section and time and click, Next, and the course will be added to your Enrollment Cart.
Class Search (another way to enroll via SIS):
- Switch the Course Career field to Friedman School, select the term, and click NUTR – Nutrition in the Course Subject field. You can click, Search and review all of the NUTR courses, or you can filter further and use the Course Number field to select the course number of the course you want to add and click, Search. You can review the course description, pre-requisites, and click, Add to Cart, to move the course to your Enrollment Cart.
- Be sure to click, the Enroll button, and the Finish Enrolling button to move the course from your Enrollment Cart to official enrollment in the course; you’ll see a Success message and green check once you’ve been officially enrolled in the course.
- To review screen shots of How to Enroll in SIS instructions, click here.