SPRING 2018 REGISTRATION:
SIS is open for you to finalize your Spring 2018 Course Schedule by the February 1 Add Deadline.
- Spring 2018 PDF of Course Schedule
- SIS Class Search for All NUTR Spring 2018 Course Offerings
- Friedman's Online Course Catalog with NUTR Course Descriptions and Syllabi (syllabus posting is ongoing as faculty finalize and make available their updated syllabus for Spring 2018)
- Degree Requirement Worksheets for review of what requirements you still need to complete
- 2017-2018 Academic Calendar with Spring 2018 academic deadlines, dates, and holidays
- Check this out—it's NEW! https://nutrition.tufts.edu/students/registrar/resources
- Select Public Health Courses & Course Equivalencies (for MS/MPH students)
DIRECTED STUDY COURSES: Please use the Directed Study Course Proposal Form (and not SIS). If you’re planning to do a Directed Study course, you’re welcome to submit the form anytime to Jaharis 123 or email to email@example.com in advance of the Spring 2018 Add deadline (February 1, 2018) so the course can be manually added to your Spring 2018 schedule in SIS.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: International Graduate students need to enroll Full-Time each semester; full-time is defined as a minimum of 3 course credits per semester. For more detailed information, please visit the Tufts International Center website: http://ase.tufts.edu/icenter/immigration/J1_students/maintainStatus.asp.
- Friedman has cross-registration partnerships with the Boston Consortium Schools (Brandeis, Boston College, Boston University), Harvard School of Public Health (only HSPH), and other Tufts schools.
- You need to submit a Friedman Cross-Registration Petition form signed by the Friedman Registar to the Registrar’s Office of the School you are pursuing for cross-registration.
- Note: Harvard School of Public Health's cross-registration is an online process (not a cross-registration petition). Click here for HSPH credit conversion information for your Friedman transcript.
- Remember, each non-Friedman school follows its own academic calendar and has different deadlines and academic dates than Friedman.
- IMPORTANT: If you are planning to graduate in Spring 2018 and plan to cross-register in an HSPH or Boston Consortium course since these schools follow a different academic calendar with different final grades deadlines it may not be possible for you to graduate in Spring 2018 and you may need to graduate in Summer 2018; if this scenario applies to you, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEP-BY-STEP: HOW TO ENROLL IN COURSES VIA SIS:
- Log in to SIS at go.tufts.edu/sis
- Click, Classes, located on the top navigation bar and select, Enrollment Cart.
- Read the Registration Agreement and check the box, “Yes, I have read the agreement” and click, Submit.
- Click the Go to Search Page button on the top right side of the Enrollment Cart page and on the Search for Classes page there are two ways to add a course to your Enrollment Cart:
Quick Search (one way to enroll via SIS):
- Click, Select a Term for the semester choice and enter the five-digit SIS Class Number (you can see in advance the SIS Class Numbers in the Course Catalog of Friedman’s website and on the Fall 2017 Schedule PDF document).
- Double click the section and time and click, Next, and the course will be added to your Enrollment Cart.
Class Search (another way to enroll via SIS):
- Switch the Course Career field to Friedman School, select the term, and click NUTR – Nutrition in the Course Subject field. You can click, Search and review all of the NUTR courses, or you can filter further and use the Course Number field to select the course number of the course you want to add and click, Search. You can review the course description, pre-requisites, and click, Add to Cart, to move the course to your Enrollment Cart.
- Be sure to click, the Enroll button, and the Finish Enrolling button to move the course from your Enrollment Cart to official enrollment in the course; you’ll see a Success message and green check once you’ve been officially enrolled in the course.
- To review screen shots of How to Enroll in SIS instructions, click here.