FALL 2018 PRE-REGISTRATION PERIOD:
Friedman's Fall 2018 Pre-Registration Period begins April 2 and will end April 13. Please log in to SIS at go.tufts.edu/sis and enroll in your Fall 2018 courses.
- Fall 2018 PDF of Course Schedule
- SIS Class Search for All NUTR Fall 2018 Course Offerings
- Friedman's Online Course Catalog with NUTR Course Descriptions and Syllabi (syllabus posting is ongoing as faculty finalize and make available their updated syllabus for Fall 2018)
- Degree Requirement Worksheets for review of what requirements you still need to complete
- 2018-2019 Academic Calendar with Spring 2018 academic deadlines, dates, and holidays
- Check this out: https://nutrition.tufts.edu/students/registrar/resources
ALL PhD STUDENTS – DEADLINE: APRIL 13
PhD students must enroll in a continuation course (NUTR 0399 if you did not yet pass your Qualifying Exam or NUTR 0403 if you passed your Qualifying Exam). If you do not enroll in either of these courses by April 13 a late registration fee will automatically be posted to your account in SIS and your loan deferments may be impacted.
If you do NOT have access to enroll via SIS in Friedman courses for Fall 2018 (because you will be at your other Tufts School), please email me as soon as possible the courses you need to be enrolled in at Friedman for the fall semester.
DIRECTED STUDY COURSES: A new Directed Study Course Proposal Form is being created; please stay tuned. The Add Deadline to submit the Directed Study Course Proposal Form to firstname.lastname@example.org is September 18, 2018 so the course can be manually added to your Fall 2018 schedule in SIS.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: International Graduate students need to enroll Full-Time each semester; full-time is defined as a minimum of three courses (9 semester hour units) per semester. For more detailed information, please visit the Tufts International Center website: http://ase.tufts.edu/icenter/immigration/J1_students/maintainStatus.asp.
Note: If you have a Hold on your account in SIS from the Tufts Health Sciences Bursar's Office or SAHA, you will NOT be able to register via SIS. You'll need to contact the the Bursar’s Office or Lucia Fenney at SAHA directly to resolve the Hold so they may remove it from your account and you'll be able to register via SIS.
CROSS-REGISTRATION – IMPORTANT ABOUT SUMMER
Friedman students may cross-register ONLY for Tufts Public Health courses in the Summer Semester and will not be charged tuition. Cross-registration is NOT available in the Summer Semester with any other school this includes the Boston Consortium Schools, Harvard School of Public Health, and OTHER Tufts schools (besides Tufts Public Health). You will need to submit the Friedman Cross-Registration Petition (see attached pre-signed petition) to the Registrar’s Office at Tufts Public Health on the first day of the Summer 2018 semester (May 23).
CROSS-REGISTRATION – IMPORTANT ABOUT FALL
Friedman’s Cross-Registration partners (Tufts, Boston Consortium - BU, Boston College, and Brandeis, and Harvard School of Public Health) may not follow the same Academic Calendar as Friedman so please be sure to review the Host School’s academic calendar for academic dates, deadlines, and holidays. Check in with the Host School for the timing that they will begin collecting Cross-Registration petitions for the fall semester (typically it is right before the start of the semester in September (attached is the pre-signed petition for your files). Note: Harvard School of Public Health's cross-registration is an online process (not a cross-registration petition); click here for HSPH credit conversion on your Friedman transcript.
STEP-BY-STEP: HOW TO ENROLL IN COURSES VIA SIS:
- Log in to SIS at go.tufts.edu/sis
- Click, Classes, located on the top navigation bar and select, Enrollment Cart.
- Read the Registration Agreement and check the box, “Yes, I have read the agreement” and click, Submit.
- Click the Go to Search Page button on the top right side of the Enrollment Cart page and on the Search for Classes page there are two ways to add a course to your Enrollment Cart:
Quick Search (one way to enroll via SIS):
- Click, Select a Term for the semester choice and enter the five-digit SIS Class Number (you can see in advance the SIS Class Numbers in the Course Catalog of Friedman’s website and on the Fall 2018 Schedule PDF document).
- Double click the section and time and click, Next, and the course will be added to your Enrollment Cart.
Class Search (another way to enroll via SIS):
- Switch the Course Career field to Friedman School, select the term, and click NUTR – Nutrition in the Course Subject field. You can click, Search and review all of the NUTR courses, or you can filter further and use the Course Number field to select the course number of the course you want to add and click, Search. You can review the course description, pre-requisites, and click, Add to Cart, to move the course to your Enrollment Cart.
- Be sure to click, the Enroll button, and the Finish Enrolling button to move the course from your Enrollment Cart to official enrollment in the course; you’ll see a Success message and green check once you’ve been officially enrolled in the course.
- To review screen shots of How to Enroll in SIS instructions, click here.