If you are planning to graduate in Spring 2020 (May 17, 2020), below is detailed information about the academic process to Apply for Graduation and the required Graduation Checkout steps that you need to complete by the associated deadline noted below.
STEP ONE: DEADLINE: January 29
- Click here for directions how to apply to Graduate in SIS, Enter Your Diploma Name in SIS, and Enter Your Diploma Mailing Address in SIS If You are Not Planning to Attend Commencement on May 17, 2020.
NOTE: If you don't add a name type specifically as a Diploma name, your name will be listed as blank when we run a list to submit to the Diploma publisher.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION IF YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE TO "WALK AT COMMENCEMENT IN SPRING 2020 AND GRADUATE IN SUMMER 2020:
- If you are missing only one degree requirement and you will be graduating in Summer 2020, you may be eligible to walk at commencement.
- If this is your situation, please apply to graduate in SIS for the Summer 2020 term [do not apply to graduate for the Spring 2020 term].
- Also, you are still required to complete all of the steps below by the deadlines noted so your eligibilty to walk at Commencement can in fact be approved by Friedman's Registrar and your Division Chair/Program Director. This is not available to PhD students. If you have questions, email email@example.com.
STEP TWO: DEADLINE: MARCH 2
- Fill out your Friedman Degree Requirements Worksheet SPECIFICALLY FOR THE CLASS YEAR THAT YOU STARTED your program at Friedman (indicate "TBD" in the Grade column of your Worksheet for the courses you are currently enrolled in for Spring 2020 and "E" for an approved Exemption from a course or requirement).
- Obtain approval signatures or email approvals of the "Intent to Graduate" section on the Worksheet from your Academic Advisor and Division Chair/Program Director and submit the completed Worksheet to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: If you do not see on your unofficial transcript your approved Exemption listed at the bottom, or your approved Specialization (only AFE, BMN, and FANPP students) or your approved transfer of credit (if applicable), please complete the appropriate forms listed below and obtain the necessary approvals and submit to email@example.com:
STEP THREE: DEADLINE: MARCH 2
If you are a BMN, MNSP student, or NEDS student, please be sure to submit to firstname.lastname@example.org your CITI Completion PDF -- the Completion Report with the score and expiration date (not the cover page -- so this fulfilled degree requirement may be added to your academic record in SIS:
STEP FOUR: DEADLINE: MARCH 2
Complete ALL of these online forms (they are Graduation Checkout Requirements):
- Qualtrics Online Survey to enter information for the Office of Alumni Relations
- Dean Saltzman will distribute the Exit Survey to graduating students toward the end of the spring semester; it is a Graduation Checkout requirement.
Share With Us!
All graduating students are invited to share their Directed Study Courses, Self-Designed Specialization Topics, and Cross-Registered Courses (and comments) through the online Qualtrics forms below—leave a little bit of your legacy behind for Friedman students following in your footsteps as they navigate toward graduation too!
- Cross-Registered Courses at Tufts, HSPH, Boston College, Boston University, and Brandeis
- AFE, BMN, FPAN/FANPP Self-Designed Specialization Topics and Associated Courses
- Directed Study Courses
QUESTIONS ABOUT COMMENCEMENT LOGISTICS?
Email here: https://commencement.tufts.edu/nutrition/contact/
Commencement Ceremony Overview: https://commencement.tufts.edu/nutrition/