If you are planning to graduate in Spring 2019 (May 19, 2019), below is detailed information about the academic process to Apply for Graduation and the required Graduation Checkout steps that you need to complete by the associated deadline noted below.
STEP ONE: DEADLINE: January 30
- Apply to Graduate in SIS, Enter Your Diploma Name in SIS and Enter Your Diploma Mailing Address in SIS If You are Not Planning to Attend Commencement on May 19, 2019.
NOTE: If you don't add a name type specifically as a Diploma, your name will be listed as blank when we run a list to submit to the Diploma publisher.
IF YOU ARE MISSING ONLY ONE DEGREE REQUIREMENT AND WILL BE GRADUATING IN SUMMER 2019, YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE TO WALK AT COMMENCEMENT. IF THIS IS YOUR SITUATION, PLEASE APPLY TO GRADUATE IN SIS FOR SUMMER 2019 AND ALSO COMPLETE ALL OF THE STEPS BELOW BY THE DEADLINE SO YOUR ELIGIBILTY TO WALK AT COMMENCEMENT CAN BE CONFIRMED BY FRIEDMAN'S REGISTRAR AND YOUR DIVISION CHAIR/PROGRAM DIRECTOR. THIS IS NOT AVAILABLE TO PHD STUDENTS.
STEP TWO: DEADLINE: MARCH 1
- Fill out your Friedman Degree Requirements Worksheet for the class year that you started your program at Friedman (indicate "TBD" in the Grade column of your Worksheet for the courses you are currently enrolled in for Spring 2019 and "E" for an approved Exemption from a course or requirement).
- Obtain approval signatures on the Worksheet from your Academic Advisor and Division Chair/Program Director and submit to email@example.com.
NOTE: If you do not see on your unofficial transcript your approved Exemption listed at the bottom, or your approved Specialization (only AFE, BMN, and FPAN students) or your approved transfer of credit (if applicable), please complete the appropriate forms listed below and obtain the necessary approvals and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org:
STEP THREE: DEADLINE: MARCH 1
If you are a NEPI/NDS, BMN, or MNSP student, please be sure to submit to email@example.com your CITI Completion PDF so this fulfilled degree requirement may be added to your academic record in SIS:
STEP FOUR: DEADLINE: MARCH 1
Complete ALL of these online forms:
- Qualtrics Online Survey to enter information for the Office of Alumni Relations
- Qualtrics Online Survey to enter how to pronounce your name when announced at Commencement
- Dean Saltzman will distribute the Exit Survey to graduating students at the end of the semester; it is a Graduation Checkout requirement.
Share With Us!
All graduating students are invited to share their Directed Study Courses, Self-Designed Specialization Topics, and Cross-Registered Courses (and comments) through the online Qualtrics forms below—leave a little bit of your legacy behind for Friedman students following in your footsteps as they navigate toward graduation too!
- Cross-Registered Courses at Tufts, HSPH, Boston College, Boston University, and Brandeis
- AFE, BMN, FPAN/FANPP Self-Designed Specialization Topics and Associated Courses
- Directed Study Courses