Career Videos and Webinars
Looking for help on a specific topic? The Block Career Center organizes events and webinars on a variety of professional development topics. Check out recordings of past workshops, covering topics such as Resume & CV Best Practices, Networking, LinkedIn, Job Search Strategies, Interviewing Tips, and Resources for Summer Internships. Log in using your Tufts ID (e.g. jsmith01) and PW.
Students and alumni can enroll in a comprehensive video training course here.
Resume and Cover letter Resources
- If you are looking for useful information to help build a resume you can go here.
- Want to learn how to write a cover letter? Here are some helpful resources.
Salary and Industry Research
Students can access a comprehensive folder of career & industry research, labor market trends, and salary data here.
- Practice interviewing questions with the ability to record, review, and share your answers.
- Choose from different interview sets and many different industries/majors.
- Utilize nearly 40 lessons and learn all the best interviewing techniques to get you on track.
- Save your practice interviews to review later and get feedback from others.
The Block Career Center is excited to offer a university membership to Devex for free to Friedman Students. To create your individual Devex account with the Friedman Membership, follow this link. You will be prompted to enter your email address and password (this account is not tied to your Tufts log-in information) to set up your account.
If you are interested in global nutrition, humanitarian aid, sustainability, international development or public health, Devex is the resource you need to check out!
In addition to providing up to date news on global development, Devex has a robust career center where you can:
- Find jobs and internships (over 500 nutrition-related opportunities)
- Research employers and career paths
- Access live webinars on career-related topics
- Explore “Job Search Essentials” to improve your skills
- Attend events, such as the “Future of Food Systems” series or a Panel Discussion with the Project Director of USAID Advancing Nutrition JSI and the World Bank’s Health, Nutrition & Population Global Lead.
- Job, fellowship, and internship postings
- Helpful job search links
- Tips on networking and informational interviews
- Need a professional headshot for LinkedIn or other events and publications? For the moment we can't do in-person photo sessions, but we can offer advice on how to take your own photo or have a friend help you out safely. Email email@example.com for more information.
- Tips on how to create Resumes and CVs, templates, or make an appointment to get your resume and cover letter reviewed! (email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment)
- Workshops and Events: employer information sessions, networking events, career panels, and other events & activities
- Alumni Association
- Networking at events and via Social Media (LinkedIn, Facebook, etc)
External Job Search Resources
Friedman students pursue a wide variety of careers and internships in a number of different fields. Below is a list of job and internship postings maintained by professional organizations in food, agriculture, and nutrition.
The following are links out to relevant external job search sites. Friedman does not endorse or provide support for the use of these sites, but they can be good resources to start your search.
Curated job and/or internship opportunities from ZipRecruiter:
ZipRecruiter Resource Tools:
More Organizations and Resources:
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (members only)
- American Public Health Association
- Beginning farmers
- Boston Network for International Development
- Comfoodjobs list serve
- Environmental Career Opportunities
- Federal Jobs
- Food Security Information Network
- Good food jobs
- Policy Jobs
- Public Affairs Jobs
- Sustainable farming internships and apprenticeships
- UMR NutriPass
- Young Farmers
Suggestions for additional links to other professional career and internship listings should be emailed to email@example.com.