Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and as space permits. Please send any questions or concerns about the process to email@example.com
There is no fee to apply. Your full application to the program will include the following items:
- Completion of the Online Application
Official academic transcripts (translated into English)
- Sent directly from every university or institution from which you earned a degree
- Transcript(s) should indicate completion of a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, with a preferred grade point average of 3.0 (out of a 4.0 equivalent)
- Current resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
- Personal statement - please describe your reasons for applying and indicate how this course/certificate program will enhance your career or help you in the future
- International students must also submit TOEFL or IELTS scores (see below for more info)
Standardized test scores (i.e., GRE) and letters of recommendation are not required. There is no application fee, but a non-refundable $50 deposit is required upon your acceptance into the program to reserve your space.
All applications are reviewed by the Friedman School Graduate Certificate Program Admissions Committee. The Admissions Committee takes into consideration all coursework, grades, experience and reasons for taking the program.
All certificate courses are taught at the graduate level. Although applicants should ideally have completed the equivalent of bachelor's degree, the program Admissions Committee will consider applicants who have completed an associate's degree or some undergraduate coursework and have relevant professional experience. Prospective applicants who do not hold a bachelor's degree should contact the Program Director prior to applying.
If you need to send materials to the Friedman School, please send to the following address:
Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy
Office of Admissions 150 Harrison Avenue
Boston, MA 02111
*Students who would like to register for just a single class without committing to an entire program should contact the Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for Fall admission into the Friedman School Graduate Certificate Program will be reviewed on a rolling basis through July 15. Please contact the Program Director at email@example.com to inquire about applying after the deadline.
Applications for Spring admission into the Friedman School Graduate Certificate Program will be reviewed on a rolling basis through December 15, and after as space permits. Please contact the Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about applying after the deadline.
Applications for Summer admission into the Friedman School Graduate Certificate Program will be reviewed on a rolling basis through April 15, and after as space permits. Please contact the Program Director at email@example.com to inquire about applying after the deadline.
International students who earned their degree from a university in a country where English is not the primary language must submit either official TOEFL or IELTS scores directly to the Friedman School as a part of the Online Application.
- TOEFL minimum score is 600 (paper based), 250 (computer based), 100 (internet based)
- IELTS minimum score is 6.5
Tuition & Payment Options
- Tuition for courses offered during the 2018-19 academic year (i.e. the Fall 2018, Spring 2019, and Summer 2019 semesters) is $2540 per course. The total tuition for all three required courses within a certificate program is $7620. Discounted tuition rates are available for companies/organizations with 2 or more employees/members enrolled during the same semester. Contact the Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Please note that the Friedman School Graduate Certificate Programs are not eligible for Title IV Federal Student Aid. The program does qualify for private student loans from lending institutions, and a Tuition Payment Plan is available through our Bursar’s office. Under the Tuition Payment Plan you may budget all or a portion of your semester tuition over five monthly installments prior to your enrollment. For example, for the fall semester, you make payments from May 1st through September 1st, and for the spring semester, you make payments from October 1st through February 1st. The Tuition Payment Plan has a small enrollment fee, but no interest charges. Please contact Student Financial Services at Tufts for more information on billing and payments including payment plans.
Tufts University currently does not accept credit card payments for tuition.
We encourage students who are working professionals to contact their employer’s human resources (HR) department for their policies and procedures regarding tuition benefits.