The Senior Nutrition Policy Associate advocates for improved food and nutrition policies with
local, state, and federal policy makers, encourages the food industry to improve their products and
practices, and engages organizations, health professionals, academics, and concerned citizens in
supporting nutrition policy. This position reports to the Vice President for Nutrition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Encourage companies to improve their practices and products, work with organizations, manage coalitions, mobilize grassroots, lobby policy makers, and use social media and press outreach in support of nutrition policies and programs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with national, state, and local advocates and policymakers.
- Cultivate support for nutrition policies from organizations, health professionals, university faculty, and concerned citizens.
- Conduct policy research and write reports, fact sheets, and other advocacy materials.
- Oversee nutrition policy projects and help to recruit and manage interns (when available).
- Represent CSPI at conferences, meetings, in coalitions, and in the press.
- Help secure funding for nutrition policy projects by working with the development department on grant applications and reports. Manage existing grants.
- M.S., plus at least 5 years of professional policy experience, or equivalent in nutrition.
- Interest and commitment to CSPI’s work and mission.
- Experience developing and implementing successful policy/advocacy campaigns, and maintaining the partnerships necessary for advancing those campaigns.
- Strong research and analytical skills with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including public speaking experience.
- Ability to produce high quality written materials.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with MSOffice applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast‐paced environment with multiple priorities and frequent deadlines.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed.
Please send a cover letter indicating relevant experience and interest, and résumé, to email@example.com.
Please include “NutPol” in the email subject line.