Healthy Communities Action Team, a subgroup of the Arlington Partnership for Children Youth and Families is recruiting a fall intern to support community outreach and strategic planning efforts from August 1 - November 17, 2017. Stipend will be up to $1600. Great opportunity for those looking to find an internship for a master-level Capstone/thesis project. Will be contributing to the development of a community stakeholder-informed strategic plan to prevent and reduce childhood obesity in Arlington, VA with systems, environmental, and policy changes.
• passionate about strategic planning to prevent and reduce childhood obesity
• fluent in Spanish
• detail oriented
• community oriented
• available to be engaged part time in Arlington, VA from August 1 - November 17, 2017 (hours and times vary, with some evening and weekend activities also. On average, could be ~10 hours/week for 16 weeks)?
Do you have experience with:
• community engagement
• focus group discussions and key informant interviews
• qualitative data analysis
• strategic planning for community health strategies
• facilitation of diverse coalitions
Knowledge of Arlington, VA (in terms of health initiatives, organizations, etc) a plus.
If you feel you would be a strong candidate, for best consideration, please send your resume and cover letter by Friday, June 2, 2017 to email@example.com.