Three students in Friedman's Biochemical and Molecular Nutrition graduate program, as well as three HNRCA-affiliated Friedman professors received honors at this year's Experimental Biology meeting.
- Elizabeth Killion, working with the HNRCA's Andrew Greenberg in the Obesity and Metabolism Laboratory, was selected to receive the prestigious Dupont Award. Killion also placed second in the Emerging Leaders in Nutrition Science Poster Competition for the Energy and Macronutrient Metabolism RIS, and was a finalist for the Graduate Student Research Award Competition.
- Lee Margolis, working with Roger Fielding in the HNRCA's Nutrition, Exercise Physiology and Sarcopenia Laboratory, won the American Physiological Society Cell and Molecular Physiology section student award.
- Emily Mohn, working with Elizabeth Johnson in the HNRCA's Antioxidants Research Laboratory, won the Carotenoids and Retinoids Interest Group's poster competition.
- Friedman Professor Jeffrey Blumberg (Senior Scientist, HNRCA Antioxidants Lab) received the 2016 Mary Swartz Rose Senior Award.
- Friedman Professor Sarah Booth (Director, HNRCA Vitamin K Lab) received the 2016 Pfizer Consumer Healthcare Nutritional Sciences Award, as well as ASN’s Volunteer of the Year award for 2016.
- Friedman Professor Alice Lichtenstein (Director, HNRCA Cardiovascular Nutrition Lab) received the 2016 David Kritchevsky Career Achievement Award in Nutrition.