OFA faculty development funds are available year-round; however, before applying, please inquire about current availability of funds by sending an email to email@example.com.
To be eligible for funds, applicants must either have a primary faculty appointment or be a postdoctoral scholar at the Friedman School of Nutrition. Awards are limited to one per calendar year for either of the types of funds described below.
Open Access Publishing Support
Funds aid Friedman faculty and postdoctoral scholars who want to publish in open access journals. Reimbursement will cover only direct costs for open access publication (not the cost of reprints, color illustration fees, non-OA page charges, web hosting for self-archiving, etc.). Funds will be granted only once the article has been accepted.
Eligibility for funds:
- Applicant must be listed as one of the authors.
- Manuscript must be a peer-reviewed scholarly article or monograph (including original research, review articles, etc.).
- There must be no other source of funding available to cover article-processing fees. Faculty with funding designated to cover publication costs from grants, contracts, or other institutional funds are not eligible.
- Open access author fees may be covered for journals listed in the Directory of Open Access Journals or DOAJ-type journals (i.e., true open access journals, see Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)).
- If the amount of funds awarded is not used in full, the applicant shall not use said funds to cover the cost of other purposes.
- If actual expenses exceed the amount awarded, additional funds may be awarded depending on availability of funds.
- No reimbursement will be provided without receipts.
Funds aid Friedman faculty and postdoctoral scholars who would like to attend a conference to present their work but do not have other funding to cover all associated costs. Reimbursement will cover part, but not all associated expenses.
Eligibility for funds:
- Applicant must be presenting at the conference.
- These funds are meant for faculty and postdoctoral scholars who are limited in ability to pay for the conference. If you have funds available from grants, contracts, or other institutional funds, please do not apply for OFA funds.
- Eligible expenses include the costs of transportation by the most economical available means, lodging, and conference registration fees.