The Friedman School Alumni Association seeks nominations for graduates of the Friedman School to serve as members of the Friedman School Alumni Association Executive Council. The affairs of the Alumni Association are managed by the Executive Council.
Guidelines for Council Member
Volunteer Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Serves as a leader of the School’s Alumni Association.
- Leads efforts to provide programs and services to alumni.
- Acts as a representative of the association and the school.
- Participates in at least 2 of the 3 Executive Council meetings annually (in person or by conference call)
- Plays an active role in at least one of the Executive Council’s committees and its activities (Committees: Awards, Mentoring, Reunion & Programs, Volunteer Engagement).
- Gives an annual gift to the school.
- Participates in programs and represents the association at school, university, or association events.
Term of Service: Two years, renewal discussed annually following the initial term.
Executive Council works on:
- Alumni Association Awards: submits and encourages nominations, presents awards at reunion.
- Outreach: promotes the Alumni Association's offerings through various channels.
- Annual Fund Participation: builds increased alumni participation in the Annual Fund by holding phonathons, advising on appeals, and engaging in peer-to-peer solicitations.
- Mentoring: manages the alumni and student mentoring program and alumni recruitment efforts.
- Reunion & Programs: helps organize Thrive, an annual reunoin event, and conducts outreach to encourage fellow alumni to attend. In addition, this committee organizes other programs that are not connected to the duties of other committees, such as, the Semester Kickoff and New Gradaute events.