Part of the Office of Faculty Affairs
Tufts is a vibrant academic community with more than 200 postdocs on its Boston, Medford and Grafton campuses. Tufts and the Friedman School views these scholars as vital to our research and educational community. Here at Friedman, our postdoctoral scholar administration is strongly committed to enriching trainees’ preparation as researchers within the university setting as well as in their future career paths.
More information coming soon!
- Your Friedman Postdoctoral Officer: Sara Folta | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tufts University - Postdoc Site
- Tufts University - Postdoc Handbook
- Tufts University - Postdoc Online Forum (for instructions on getting to it)
- Tufts University - Work-Life Resources
Join the Listserves: “all university postdocs” and “boston postdocs” - Information and Events
Contact Kara Charmanski, Kara.Charmanski@tufts.edu, to request to be added
Tufts Postdoctoral Association
Anna Wronski, President
Tufts University Postdoctoral Officer
For questions about health and dental benefits, contact Cynthia Linton, Student Health Administrator, email@example.com.
- Tufts Postdoc Website has a listing of opportunities
- Community of Science (COS): Go to “Sign Up” in upper right-hand corner to create a customized search. You’ll received weekly emails with matching funding opportunities.
- For women: L’Oreal USA for Women in Science Award: Note that there is a strong emphasis on STEM, and it says that social science is not eligible.
- National Science Foundation: Opportunities are listed by discipline, including SBE (Social, Behavioral & Economics).
- Charles A. King Trust Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Program: Established in 1936, the Charles A. King Trust was created to “support and promote the investigation of human disease and the alleviation of human suffering through improved treatment.” Clinical and Health Services Research fellowships support human studies including physiological research, behavioral science and health education research, translational research (the application of bench research to patient care), epidemiological research, health policy, outcomes research, and population health, regardless of specialty or discipline. Research may take place in a broad range of settings including community sites. Applicants without Clinical Responsibilities: Commit at least 90% time to research; have completed at least three (3) years and no more than five (5) years of full-time postdoctoral research experience.