Every year at All-Alumni Reunion, we honor alumni who have been humanitarians, innovators, and leaders in their field. Each of the three Alumni Association Awards recognizes the outstanding impact Friedman School alumni have on the field of nutrition science and policy.
Help us recognize our remarkable Friedman School graduates by nominating someone you know today!
Leadership and Expertise Award: This award is presented to an individual who is conducting cutting-edge or high-impact work in their field. The recipient will be a strong leader and respected expert in their profession.
Impact Award: This award is presented to an individual who has made outstanding contributions to the field of nutrition science and policy. The recipient must demonstrate creativity, innovation and strong vision in their work.
Leah Horowitz Award – In memory of Leah Horowitz (FPAN ’06): This award is presented to an individual who demonstrates a substantial commitment to forging relationships based on service in humanitarian fieldwork. The recipient must strive to achieve lasting change by empowering individuals in their local communities, seek to bridge cultures and create systems-based solutions to problems.
View a list of Alumni Association Award Recipients through the years.
- All alumni of the Frances Stern Nutrition Center Dietetic internship/M.S. program
- All alumni of the Friedman School of Nutrition programs (M.S. & Ph.D.)
Nominees can be:
- Someone who has made outstanding contributions to the field of nutrition science and policy over the course of his/her career
- Someone who is currently doing cutting-edge or high-impact work in the field
- Someone who achieves lasting change by empowering individuals in their local communities
- Working domestically or working abroad
- Engaged in any aspect of the nutrition field (basic science, applied science, policy, community outreach, clinical dietetics, education, business, or other fields)
- Yourself! Please feel free to self-nominate for any of these awards.