The Tufts Nutrition Advisory Committee (NAC) helps guide and inform the Friedman School’s collaborations and public impact projects. The NAC is composed of Friedman faculty members with expertise in a wide range of food, nutrition, equity, sustainability, and policy issues. Among other projects, the NAC reviews and provides trusted science for the Healthy Foods and Nutrition component of the John Hancock Vitality life insurance program.
Advisory Committee Members
Former members of the NAC: Christina Economos, Jerold Mande, Joel Mason, Nicola McKeown, Renata Micha, Ed Saltzman, and Norbert Wilson.
Disclaimer: The NAC’s work was supported by a gift from John Hancock Life Insurance. The funder has no role in NAC deliberations or decisions.
We're working with John Hancock and Vitality to provide employees and members with the latest in nutrition research. As part of our agreement, all members have free access to the Tufts Health & Nutrition Letter, a publication of the Friedman School that's been running for over 35 years.
We also provide evidence-based comments in the public space to inform healthy food policies.
- Stakeholder Commitments from the Friedman School at Tufts University for the 2022 September White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health
- Child Nutrition Hearing Comments
- Recommendations for the Biden-Harris Administration
- Comments on MassHealth's Flexible Services Program
- Comments on the NIH Strategic Plan for Nutrition Research
- Comments on 2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- Listening session comments (November 2017)
- Scientific evidence comments (March 2018)
- Comments on the FDA’s Nutrition Innovation Strategy
- Comments on FDA Healthy Food Labeling
We're excited to announce that work on our Healthy Food Guide is currently in progress. Learn more about the guide and download the PDF.