The Food & Nutrition Innovation Institute at the Friedman School is seeking a student Program Manager to lead the design of the new challenge being funded by the Seeding the Future Foundation. The Seeding the Future Student Challenge will fund teams of students, over three years, to create innovative global food system solutions that will impact 1 billion lives over 20 years. The Innovation Institute is seeking a leader who can design the details of this program and recruit the first set of teams for fall, 2021. The position will report directly to the Innovation Institute Executive Director, Katie Stebbins.
We are seeking a Program Manager for a remote appointment in Spring and Summer 2021. Position responsibilities include:
- Collecting input from faculty, staff, students, and the funding organization on program design, goals and desired outcomes.
- Preparing applications, program descriptions, website content, and any other collateral needed to promote the program to students.
- Identifying and arranging meetings with partner organizations external to Tufts, such as research partner organizations for the teams.
- Formalizing any agreements and documents needed to officially launch the program.
This is a part-time appointment, with compensation of $22/hour for 5-10 hours per week during the spring semester, increasing to 20 hour per week in the summer for program launch. Start and end dates are flexible.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Familiarity with concept of sustainability and related issues in food systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Reliable access to high-speed internet.
- Strategic and entrepreneurial thinker with a desire to gain experience creating a program/product.
- Experience conducting one on one interviews with stakeholders.
- Experience building evaluation criteria and producing progress reports.
Please submit a cover letter and resume/CV to Beth Jameson (email@example.com) for consideration. Application deadline: February 19, 2021.