NEW FALL 2017 STUDENTS: WELCOME!
You will be able to log in to SIS (go.tufts.edu/sis) beginning Tuesday, August 29 and enroll in your Fall 2017 courses; you may add classes to your schedule via SIS until September 19.
FALL 2017 REGISTRATION RESOURCES:
- Fall 2017 Course Schedule
- SIS Class Search for NUTR Fall 2017 Courses
- Friedman's Online Course Catalog with NUTR Course Descriptions and Syllabi (syllabus posting is ongoing as faculty finalize and make available their updated syllabus for Fall 2017)
- Degree Requirement Worksheets
- 2017-2018 Academic Calendar
- Preliminary Spring 2018 Course Schedule (check back soon)
PHD STUDENTS - IMPORTANT: PhD students are required to enroll via SIS in a continuation NUTR course every semester to maintain active enrollment status and avoid a late registration fee and also maintain the deferment of any loans:
- NUTR 0399 (SIS #: 83523) - Enroll in this course if you did not yet pass your Qualifying Exam
- NUTR 0403 (SIS #: 83525) - Enroll in this course if you passed your Qualifying Exam
DUAL-DEGREE STUDENTS: If you are in a dual-degree program with Public Health (MS/MPH), or UEP (MS/MA) or Fletcher (MS/MALD) and you will be billed tuition for the Fall 2017 semester by Public Health, or UEP, or Fletcher (and not by Friedman), please email Friedman's Registrar at email@example.com the list of the NUTR courses that you would like to be enrolled in for the Fall 2017 semester.
DIRECTED STUDY COURSES: Please use the Directed Study Course Proposal Form (and not SIS). If you’re planning to do a Directed Study course, you’re welcome to submit the form anytime to Jaharis 123 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of the Fall 2017 Add deadline (September 19, 2017) so the course can be manually added to your Fall 2017 schedule in SIS.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: International Graduate students need to enroll Full-Time each semester; full-time is defined as a minimum of 3 course credits per semester. For more detailed information, please visit the Tufts International Center website: http://ase.tufts.edu/icenter/immigration/J1_students/maintainStatus.asp.
Note: If you have a Hold on your account in SIS from the Tufts Health Sciences Bursar's Office or SAHA, you will NOT be able to register via SIS. You'll need to contact the Bursar's Office or SAHA directly to resolve the Hold so they may remove it from your account and you'll be able to register via SIS.
SUMMER 2017 REGISTRATION – IMPORTANT: To enroll in a Summer 2017 Friedman NUTR course, you’ll need to log in to SIS and click the Classes tab at the top, and select the first option, “Summer Activation” and follow the prompts in SIS; this will enable you to enroll in the NUTR courses listed below offered at Friedman this summer.
- NUTR 0202: Principles of Nutrition Science (online)
- NUTR 0205: Communicating Health Information to Diverse Audiences, Part A (campus-based; select course with Class # 50410 that in the "S12 Session")
- NUTR 0236: Practicum in Bioresearch Technique (campus-based)
- NUTR 0400: Grant Writing (campus-based PhD course)
- Summer Institute Courses (campus-based): If you are interested in enrolling in one of these compressed courses for elective credit, please complete this online form by April 14 so we may manually process your enrollment via SIS if a seat is available.
DOING YOUR INTERNSHIP IN SUMMER 2017? You will need to log in to SIS and click the Classes tab at the top, and select the first option, “Summer Activation” and follow the prompts in SIS; this will enable you to enroll in NUTR 0298: Summer Internship so this AFE, FPAN, and NICBC degree requirement is included on your transcript.
CROSS-REGISTRATION – IMPORTANT ABOUT SUMMER: Students may cross-register only for Tufts Public Health courses in the summer and will not be charged tuition. Cross-registration is NOT available in the summer with any other school including the Boston Consortium Schools, Harvard School of Public Health, and other Tufts schools. You will need to submit the Friedman Cross-Registration Petition to the Registrar’s Office at Tufts Public Health.
FALL 2017 CROSS-REGISTRATION IN NON-FRIEDMAN COURSES: Cross-registration at other Tufts Schools, at Harvard School of Public Health, and at Boston Consortium Schools will begin in September for Fall 2017 courses, unless otherwise specified by the Host School. Please review the Host School's academic calendar because many of our cross-registration partners do not follow the same academic calendar as Friedman. Some schools may accept cross-registration petitions in advance of the start of the fall semester but you will need to confirm with the Registrar’s Office of the Host School. Note: Harvard School of Public Health's cross-registration is an online process (not a cross-registration petition). Click here for HSPH credit conversion on your Friedman transcript.
STEP-BY-STEP: HOW TO ENROLL IN COURSES VIA SIS:
- Log in to SIS at go.tufts.edu/sis
- Click, Classes, located on the top navigation bar and select, Enrollment Cart.
- Read the Registration Agreement and check the box, “Yes, I have read the agreement” and click, Submit.
- Click the Go to Search Page button on the top right side of the Enrollment Cart page and on the Search for Classes page there are two ways to add a course to your Enrollment Cart:
Quick Search (one way to enroll via SIS):
- Click, Select a Term for the semester choice and enter the five-digit SIS Class Number (you can see in advance the SIS Class Numbers in the Course Catalof of Friedman’s website and on the Fall 2017 Schedule PDF document).
- Double click the section and time and click, Next, and the course will be added to your Enrollment Cart.
Class Search (another way to enroll via SIS):
- Switch the Course Career field to Friedman School, select the term, and click NUTR – Nutrition in the Course Subject field. You can click, Search and review all of the NUTR courses, or you can filter further and use the Course Number field to select the course number of the course you want to add and click, Search. You can review the course description, pre-requisites, and click, Add to Cart, to move the course to your Enrollment Cart.
- Be sure to click, the Enroll button, and the Finish Enrolling button to move the course from your Enrollment Cart to official enrollment in the course; you’ll see a Success message and green check once you’ve been officially enrolled in the course. To review screen shots of these instructions, click here.