Spring 2017 Registration Resources:
- Spring 2017 Course Schedule
- SIS Class Search for NUTR Spring 2017 Courses
- Friedman's Online Course Catalog with NUTR Course Descriptions and Syllabi (syllabus posting is ongoing as faculty finalize and make available their updated syllabus for Spring 2017)
- Friedman's 2016-2017 Academic Calendar
- Degree Requirement Worksheets
How to Enroll via SIS:
- Log in to SIS at go.tufts.edu/sis
- Click, Classes, located on the top navigation bar and select, Enrollment Cart.
- Read the Registration Agreement and check the box, “Yes, I have read the agreement” and click, Submit.
- Click the Go to Search Page button on the top right side of the Enrollment Cart page and on the Search for Classes page there are two ways to add a course to your Enrollment Cart:
Quick Search (one way to enroll via SIS):
- Click, Select a Term for the semester choice and enter the five-digit SIS Class Number (you can see in advance the SIS Class Numbers in the Courses section of Friedman’s website and on the Spring 2017 Schedule PDF document).
- Double click the section and time and click, Next, and the course will be added to your Enrollment Cart.
Class Search (another way to enroll via SIS):
- Switch the Course Career field to Friedman School, select the term, and click NUTR – Nutrition in the Course Subject field. You can click, Search and review all of the NUTR courses, or you can filter further and use the Course Number field to select the course number of the course you want to add and click, Search. You can review the course description, pre-requisites, and click, Add to Cart, to move the course to your Enrollment Cart.
- Be sure to click, the Enroll button, and the Finish Enrolling button to move the course from your Enrollment Cart to official enrollment in the course; you’ll see a Success message and green check once you’ve been officially enrolled in the course. To review screen shots of these instructions, click here.
PhD Students - IMPORTANT:
PhD students are required to enroll via SIS in a continuation NUTR course every semester to maintain active enrollment status and avoid a late fee and also maintain the deferment of any loans:
- NUTR 0399 (SIS #: 22570) - Enroll in this course if you did not yet pass your Qualifying Exam
- NUTR 0403 (SIS #: 22564) - Enroll in this course if you passed your Qualifying Exam
- If you are in a dual-degree program with Public Health (MS/MPH), or UEP (MS/MA) or Fletcher (MS/MALD) and you will be billed tuition for the Spring 2017 semester by Public Health, or UEP, or Fletcher (and not by Friedman), please email Friedman's Registrar at email@example.com the list of the NUTR courses that you would like to be enrolled in for the Spring 2017 semester.
Directed Study Courses
Please use the Directed Study Course Proposal Form (and not SIS). If you’re planning to do a Directed Study course, you’re welcome to submit the form anytime to Jaharis 123 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of the Spring 2017 Add deadline on February 2 so the course can be manually added to your Spring 2017 schedule in SIS.
- International Graduate students need to enroll full-time each semester; full-time is defined as a minimum of 3 course credits per semester. For more detailed information, please visit the Tufts International Center website: http://ase.tufts.edu/icenter/immigration/J1_students/maintainStatus.asp.
- Tufts Bursar’s Office has billed your Spring 2017 tuition and the semester fees to your SIS account; payment is due by the first day of classes on January 19, 2017.
** Important to Note **
If you have a Hold on your account in SIS from the Tufts Health Sciences Bursar's Office or SAHA, you will NOT be able to register via SIS. You'll need to contact the Bursar's Office or SAHA directly to resolve the Hold so they may remove it from your account and you'll be able to register via SIS. Please note if you have any outstanding balance to your account from the Fall 2016 semester, a late fee will be billed to your account at the end of October 2016.
- Cross-registration at other Tufts Schools, at Harvard School of Public Health, and at Boston Consortium Schools will not begin until the first day of their Spring 2017 semester (please review the host school’s academic calendar because many of our cross-registration partners do not follow the same academic calendar as Friedman). Some schools may accept cross-registration petitions in advance of the start of the spring semester (please double-check with the host school’s Registrar’s Office to confirm).