- Why the Friedman School
- How to Apply
- Visit Friedman
- International Students
- Tuition, Expenses & Financial Aid
- Degree Programs
- Combined Degree Programs
- Online Certificate Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Student Life
- Academic Resources
- Financial Resources
- Campus Life
- Career Services
- Documents, Forms & Policies
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Faculty & Research
- Faculty Directory
- Faculty Resources
- Partners & Research Centers
- Faculty Research
- Student Research
- Modified MyPyramid for Older Adults
- Nutrition Talk: Friedman Internet Radio
- Academics & Working Papers
- MyPlate for Older Adults
- Alumni & Friends
Simin Nikbin MeydaniProfessor, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy
- Director, Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging
- Professor, Immunology, Tufts University Sackler School of Graduate Biomedical Sciences
Senior Scientist and Director, Nutritional Immunology Laboratory, Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging
- Ph.D. in Nutrition, Iowa State University
- D.V.M., University of Tehran
Select Recent Publications
Epigallocatechin-3-Gallate Ameliorates Experimental Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis by Altering Balance among CD4(+) T-Cell Subsets. The American Journal of Pathology. 2012;180:221-34.
Green tea EGCG, T cells, and T cell-mediated autoimmune diseases. Molecular Aspects of Medicine. 2012;33:107-18.
Vitamin E, signalosomes and gene expression in T cells. Molecular Aspects of Medicine. 2012;33:55-62.
Dietary supplementation with high dose of epigallocatechin-3-gallate promotes inflammatory response in mice. The Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry. 2011.
Metabolic syndrome in the elderly living in marginal peri-urban communities in Quito, Ecuador. Public Health Nutrition. 2011;14:758-67.