- Why the Friedman School
- How to Apply
- Visit Friedman
- International Students
- Tuition, Expenses & Financial Aid
- Degree Programs
- Combined Degree Programs
- Online Certificate Programs
- Student Life
- Academic Resources
- Financial Resources
- Campus Life
- Career Services
- Documents, Forms & Policies
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Faculty & Research
- Faculty Directory
- Faculty Resources
- Partners & Research Centers
- Faculty Research
- Student Research
- Modified MyPyramid for Older Adults
- Nutrition Talk: Friedman Internet Radio
- Academics & Working Papers
- MyPlate for Older Adults
- Alumni & Friends
Joseph LauAdjunct Professor, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy
- Director, Tufts Evidence-based Practice Center, Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies, Tufts Medical Center
- M.D., Tufts University School of Medicine
- B.A. in Physics, Cooper Union
Select Recent Publications
Concordance of randomized and nonrandomized studies was unrelated to translational patterns of two nutrient-disease associations. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology. 2012;65:16-29.
Systematic review to support the development of nutrient reference intake values: challenges and solutions. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2010;92:273-6.
Systematic review: Vitamin D and cardiometabolic outcomes. Annals of Internal Medicine. 2010;152:307-14.
Opportunities and challenges in conducting systematic reviews to support the development of nutrient reference values: vitamin A as an example. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2009;89:728-33.
Reporting of systematic reviews of micronutrients and health: a critical appraisal. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2009;89:1099-113.