- Why the Friedman School
- How to Apply
- Visit Friedman
- International Students
- Tuition, Expenses & Financial Aid
- Degree Programs
- Combined Degree Programs
- Online Certificate Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Hirsh Health Sciences Library
- Student Life
- Academic Resources
- Financial Resources
- Campus Life
- Career Services
- Documents, Forms & Policies
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Faculty & Research
- Faculty Directory
- Faculty Resources
- Partners & Research Centers
- Faculty Research
- Student Research
- Modified MyPyramid for Older Adults
- Nutrition Talk: Friedman Internet Radio
- Academics & Working Papers
- MyPlate for Older Adults
- Alumni & Friends
Application instructions and deadlines are available as part of our online application. The online application includes the personal statement, official transcripts, TOEFL scores or IELTS as alternate to TOEFL (for international students only), application fee and three letters of recommendation. Completion of the GRE exam is required. The admissions committee is willing to consider waiving the GRE requirement if applicant has an advanced degree in a related field and/or applicable professional experience.
Apply for Spring 2014 or Fall 2014
Applications are accepted for both fall and spring admission to the MNSP program. Applicants can expect to hear back from the admissions committee with a decision within a month of submitting a complete application through our online application system.
For admission into the Spring 2014 program - the priority deadline for submitting a complete application is October 15, 2013. Applications will be accepted after that date on a space-available basis up until December 2, 2013.
For admission into the Fall 2014 program - the priority deadline for submitting a complete application is April 15, 2014. Applications will be accepted after that date on a space-available basis up until August 1, 2014.
Please visit the Prerequisites page to view coursework that applicants should have already completed prior to applying.
To begin your application for Spring 2014 enrollment, please contact Richard Moyer in the Admissions Office (617.636.0864, firstname.lastname@example.org) or begin your application now by creating an account on our online application system.
Applicants must provide the following materials:
- Personal Statement and Résumé
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts (sent directly from your previous school(s) and translated into English)
- Official scores of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) - The admissions committee is willing to consider waiving the GRE requirement if applicant has an advanced degree in a related field and/or applicable professional experience
- International students only - official score of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam or the IELTS
- TOEFL minimum score is 600 (paper based), 250 (computer based), 100 (internet based)
- IELTS minimum score is 6.5
- $70 Application Fee
Any material not submitted electronically must be sent via FedEx or DHL services and should be addressed to:
Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy
Office of Admissions
150 Harrison Avenue
Boston, MA 02111
All materials related to an application for admission become the property of the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy upon receipt and will not be returned or released to the applicant, either in original or photocopy form.