- Why the Friedman School
- How to Apply
- Visit Friedman
- International Students
- Tuition, Expenses & Financial Aid
- Degree Programs
- Combined Degree Programs
- Online Certificate Programs
- Student Life
- Academic Resources
- Financial Resources
- Campus Life
- Career Services
- Documents, Forms & Policies
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Faculty & Research
- Faculty Directory
- Faculty Resources
- Partners & Research Centers
- Faculty Research
- Student Research
- Modified MyPyramid for Older Adults
- Nutrition Talk: Friedman Internet Radio
- Academics & Working Papers
- MyPlate for Older Adults
- Alumni & Friends
Frances Stern Nutrition Center only participates in the spring dietetic internship match date.
We participate in the Centralized Online Dietetic Internship Application (DICAS) https://portal.dicas.org/
In addition to the DICAS application, applicants are also required to complete and submit the Tufts University Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy application form. Do NOT send materials directly to FSNC or Tufts University.
- Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS)
- Submit personal statement, recommendations, and transcript through this application.
- Tufts University Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy application form. Complete and submit this form online at https://apply.embark.com/Grad/Tufts/grad/13/.
- Do NOT submit essays, recommendations, or an application fee through the online application.
- $75 FSNC Application Fee, made payable to the Frances Stern Nutrition Center.
- The Application fee can be mailed to:
Kelly Kane, MS, RD, LDN, CNSC
Dietetic Internship Director
Nutrition Education Coordinator
Frances Stern Nutrition Center
Tufts Medical Center
800 Washington Street,
Boston, MA 02111
- Note: The cost for participating in the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS) is separate from the FSNC Application Fee.
- The Application fee can be mailed to:
- GRE Scores sent to Institution Code 3895.
Deadline for Application
The deadline for application to the Combined Dietetic Internship / Master Degree Program at Frances Stern Nutrition Center / Tufts University is the spring matching deadline for the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS). DO NOT SEND ANY MATERIALS DIRECTLY TO TUFTS UNIVERSITY. All materials become the property of the Frances Stern Nutrition Center.
$75 for FSNC application (non-refundable), made payable to the Frances Stern Nutrition Center.
The Master of Science/Dietetic Internship Program at Frances Stern Nutrition Center / Tufts University participates in the Computer Matching Program sponsored by the American Dietetic Association. All applicants must also participate in the Computer Matching Program, otherwise their application will not be considered. Applicants should request instructions, and a mark/sense card to prioritize their Dietetic Internship preferences, from any ADA-approved Didactic Program in Dietetics or from D&D Digital Systems. This request should be made to allow turnaround time for submission by the February 15 postmark deadline of the year of desired matriculation. There is no charge for this material. However, there is a $50.00 charge for computer matching that is due with the applicants prioritized ranking. Address requests to:
D&D Digital Systems,
304 Main Street,
Ames, IA 50010-6148,
Interviews are not required, but applicants are encouraged to know more about the program and see the facilities. Visits to the Frances Stern Nutrition Center to meet with Dietitians and current Dietetic Interns can be arranged with advance notice. Please contact Kelly Kane at email@example.com.
Appointments to the internship are made on match day, as designated by D&D Digital. Applicants will find their matching result on www.dnddigital.com. This is the ONLY source of notification for applicants. The Appointment Date is in April. Matched applicants must contact the dietetic internship director by telephone, FAX or email on or before 5:00 PM (time zone of the program) on Notification Day to confirm the acceptance of the match.